All sales made by Sundeis Cakes are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Nothing contained within these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. Please read these carefully.
Free Delivery Offers
From time to time we are able to offer free delivery subject to a minimum spend for our customers.
1. Free delivery is strictly available on the date advertised subject to a minimum spend of £50 on any of our products
2.All deliveries will be completed between the hours of 8am-5pm on the day selected. Unfortunately, we will only be able to confirm a rough two hour time slot closer to the delivery date. Please ensure that someone is available to take the delivery as we will only be able to wait a maximum of ten minutes - after this time you will have to arrange collection of your item or items from our base in Purley
3. All qualifying items will be delivered to one address only
4. Free Delivery is available to the following Boroughs - contact us if you are outside one of these as we may be able to provide a delivery for a relatively nominal fee. For the purposes of this offer - Qualifying boroughs are: Croydon, Sutton, Bromley, Lewisham, Merton, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Southwark. We will also deliver to Caterham.
1. A consultation is included in the cost of your wedding/ large event cake to discuss your cake design, flavours and any other details. There is a nominal £25 charge for this consultation to include a cake tasting with three cake flavours available to taste. Up to two guests are invited. There will be enough cake for you to take home. Due to the Corona Virus pandemic we are currently not offering inhouse consultations but can send you 5 flavour of cake to taste by post. The cost for this service is £30 including delivery.
2. Since a considerable amount of time and work goes into consultations, Sundeis Cakes asks that any cancellations are made at least 48 hours prior to the agreed meeting.
3. All designs are the property of Sundeis Cakes and will remain so. Clients have no ownership rights over any cake design.
4. Once we have a final cake design, you will receive an invoice confirming all order details. For Weddings or large events. a £200 non-refundable deposit will be required to secure the booking date. This will be deducted from the final invoice. Final payment is required 3 weeks prior to the delivery date. You will receive a reminder but it is your responsibility to make the final payment in the required time. Late payment may result in cancellation of the booking. See Cancellations below for details. Payment may be made earlier if you wish.
5. For orders under £200, a 50 percent non refundable deposit is required with payment in full is required a minimum of a week in advance of the delivery date.
6. Payment can be made via bank transfer or a secure payment link. All payment details are provided on the invoice.
7. Delivery and set up to is a combination of mileage and delivery time. Any congestion charges will also be included in the delivery cost. The final fee will be confirmed prior to delivery.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure correct information is provided to Sundeis Cakes regarding delivery and set-up, and that there is a designated recipient to oversee the set-up. Unfortunately, cakes don’t like to be left unattended!!
9. Once your cake has been delivered and set up to our exacting standards, they are the responsibility of the client, or designated recipient. Sundeis Cakes can accept no responsibility for damages occurring post delivery.
10. Delivering your cake is our utmost priority, however Sundeis Cakes cannot be held accountable for anything outside our control, such as unforeseen traffic conditions, public unrest, strikes, or any other act of God.
11. You may prefer to collect your cake on agreement with Sundeis Cakes at an agreed time. Sundeis Cakes will provide suitable packaging for travel. Please note that collection via public transport is not advised. As such, the cake should arrive in the same condition that it left us in. Once you collect your cake it is yours to love adore and eat! Always drive carefully with your cake on flat empty surface (like the boot of your car) and always carry cakes from the base of the box. Unfortunately, Sundeis Cakes cannot accept any responsibility for damages occurring post-collection.
12. Many wedding cakes require construction at the venue therefore Sundeis Cakes may insist on delivery and set-up where necessary.
13. If a cake features inedible materials such as wires or posy picks in sugar flowers, brooches or cake toppers, or dowelling to support the cake tiers, these must be removed before serving to guests. Sundeis Cakes can accept no responsibility for any injury resulting from failure to remove inedible items.
14. It is recommended that your florist provide any fresh flowers used as decoration. Please note that some flowers are not suitable as cake decorations, or may be toxic if consumed. All inedible flowers or foliage must be removed before serving. Sundeis Cakes can accept no responsibility for contamination.
15. If you change your mind about the flavour/ design of your cake, as long as we haven’t started making it or haven’t ordered items specifically for it, we may be able to accommodate a change. There may be an alteration in price dependent on the nature of your request.
16. In the (thankfully) rare event that a wedding booking has to be cancelled, Sundeis Cakes will offer a full refund minus the deposit up to 1 month prior to the delivery date. A 50% refund will be offered up to 3 months prior to the delivery date. Regrettably bookings cancelled within one month of the delivery date cannot be refunded.
17.However, in light of the Corona Virus and other global pandemics we would work with you to see if we could reschedule for a later date.
18. Please state any dietary requirements at your consultation. Sundeis Cakes can cater for vegan, gluten-free, dairy free and other dietary requirements upon request.
19. Allergen information is supplied in advance of delivery. Please ensure that you inform your guests of allergens. Sundeis Cakes accepts no responsibility for allergic reactions.
20. Although every care can be taken to ensure products are nut-free, all cakes are made in the same kitchen therefore traces of nuts and other allergens may be present.
21. Sundeis Cakes love to show people photographs of their creations. Photographs of cakes may be used for advertising, display, website, magazine and online promotion. Photographs will only ever be used after the wedding date; they will never be published before. Any refunds are at the discretion of Sundeis Cakes.
We offer free collection for all orders. For courier delivery, please select the In-person pickup option and leave a note in the Special Instructions.